|We moved this page to our Documentation Portal. You can find the latest updates here.
Password is correct, but I cannot log into the VM remotely. Network and console are working.
OnApp - all versions
We will need to edit the sshd_config file to allow us to connect:
- Follow this article to be sure you have the correct password: Reset Password
- Log into the console of the VM as root.
- Run the command "vi /ect/ssh/sshd_config."
- Inside the editor, edit the config file to allow you to connect in the correct way. This can vary depending on how you'd like it set up, but the common settings to look at are:
"PermitRootLogin yes/no" -- This setting allows or disallows ssh from root.
"AllowUsers user1 user2" -- This setting only allows users on this list to gain access.
"DenyUsers user1 user2" -- This setting denies specific users' access.
- After you have edited the file, you will need to restart your ssh service "/etc/init.d/sshd restart."
This can sometimes be caused by the sshd_config settings disallowing ssh from a specific user or from root.