|We moved this page to our Documentation Portal. You can find the latest updates here.|
What is Marketplace PoPs Star Rating?
The rating has a range from 1 to 5.
The rating is calculated from the average of the IOPs, RAM, bandwidth, disk space, and server count sub-ratings. The rating is bounded above by the uptime sub-rating.
This rating benchmark would runs once in a week using the past 30 days data.
Stars Description Example
1. Stars: Below minimum requirements. 90% uptime, 3GB RAM, 70GB disk, 15Mbps
2. Stars: Meets minimum requirements. 95% uptime, 4GB RAM, 100GB disk, 50Mbps, 120 IOPS
3. Stars: Good. Can be met by a location with a single edge server that is stable and has good hardware. 98% uptime, 10GB RAM, 240GB disk, 150Mbps, 250 IOPS
4. Stars: Very good. A location with several edge servers that are stable and have good hardware including SSDs. 99.3% uptime, 20GB RAM, 600GB disk, 1500Mbps, 2000 IOPS
5. Stars: Excellent. A highly stable network with high capacity. 99.9% uptime, 36GB RAM, 1.2TB disk, 3Gbps, 8000 IOPS
Starting early 2013, OnApp CDN Federation enforce the minimal requirements for a marketplace edge server to ensure CDN quality, thus you should expect no 1-2 stars PoP listed. Kindly refer to the following URL link for the requirements: https://docs.onapp.com/cdn/latest/get-started/hardware-marketplace-requirements